Please test Xorg 1.4

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Aug 31 11:47:30 EDT 2007

Yuan Chao wrote:
> On 8/28/07, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>
>> I got reports of corrupted scrollbars in the Web activity,
>> but it turns out that it also happens with X 1.3, and only
> I also met the corrupted scrollbars in OS557.

Is there a trac ticket for this bug?  It's pretty ugly when
you see it ;-)

> Except that the touch pad speed/acceleration is too fast to me.
> This makes the newly enabled tap-to-click in this version not
> very useful. Wondering how to adjust on this?

In /home/olpc/.xinitrc, there's an "xset m default" line.
You can edit it like this:

    To set mouse acceleration and threshold:
         m [acc_mult[/acc_div] [thr]]    m default

That line is pretty useless btw, I'd recommend removing it
to save a few ms of boot time ;-)

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti - One Laptop Per Child
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/