Does sugar web browser support extensions?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 12:29:19 EDT 2007

On 8/17/07, Kleber Infante <corujito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I want to know better about the sugar web browser and learn how to create
> extensions for it (port some firefox extension too).
>
> I installed firefox2 in my XO emulated and I think every extension (addons)
> will work fine there (google bar works fine), but I think firefox2 is not
> the default browser and it will be a large software (size) to have installed
> in the real laptop (am I right?).
>
> Web activity is in python and you wrote that I should use pyxpcom.
> Can you tell me something about pyxpcom?

You can use javascript just fine. The main problem is that most
firefox extensions try to modify the XUL user interface (which doesn't
exist in the Sugar web activity).

I know that people managed to get firefox extensions which doesn't
modify the xul UI to run under epiphany/galeon in the past. I don't
know exactly how they did that but something similar should also work
for our web activity.

Marco