#2819 NORM Trial-3: need way to make a non-sharable activity

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:38:42 EDT 2007

> It isn't clear that making the popdown insensitive is the right
> solution. Why should it appear at all if there is no sharing?

Interesting point.  An arguable benefit (as long as it remains an option
menu) is that it still clearly indicates that the activity is private.  It's
function as a label could still be valid.  In general I agree, though.  If
there is NO way to make the control sensitive at all, then it seems it
shouldn't even exist.

Of course, there is some question as to whether or not we'll keep the menu
anyway, or if we'll resort to a palette button (so that Sugar can render the
resulting palette itself) in the future.

- Eben

-walter