#2633 NORM Trial-3: TamTam needs R/W access to home directory, not included in Rainbow

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu Aug 16 05:33:41 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 20:28 -0400, Owen Williams wrote:
> What's the best way to implement this change and maintain compatibility?
> If SUGAR_ACTIVITY_ROOT exists, use it, but if not, use HOME?

Well, SUGAR_ACTIVITY_ROOT should always exist when your activity is ran
inside Sugar, regardless of rainbow.

If you want to maintain compatibility with older versions of Sugar, I
think you could just make a dir like
~/.sugar/[SUGAR_PROFILE]/[my_activity_service_name] and save your data
in there.

Regards,

Tomeu