olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img version info.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Aug 5 18:51:20 EDT 2007

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 06:08:05AM -0800, C.W. Holeman II wrote:
> I have :
>   olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img
> which I am running with qemu. How do I ask it what version it is?

Mount this filesystem, then read the file /boot/olpc_build

This problem was probably contributed to by your downloading of the file
using a name that didn't have a version number.  The build output tree
has files with version numbers as well, and they give you the same data.
So once you identify the build, you could rename the file.

I don't know if there is a need for unversioned image files, but it is
probably too much trouble to argue this point.

The build output tree also now uses "osN.img" and "osN.crc" naming, for
the JFFS2 images, where N is the build number.