August Penguin talk

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sun Aug 5 08:38:38 EDT 2007

There are parts of the problems you are seeing that we won't fix.  As
Walter has noted, we screwed up wiring the GX output to display.
However, there is a more general colormap problem the camera application
is tickling in the X server which I hope we do fix (different trac
number), that causes the rainbow problem of the camera image and the
screwed up colors after running the camera application.

I can't predict exactly when we get that colormap problem fixed,
however.
                              - Jim

On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 10:13 +0300, Zvi Devir wrote:
> Next week I'm giving a talk in August Penguin 2007 -- The Israeli Open
> Source Community Conference. However, I have some problems with the
> current build for the demonstration.
>
> Recently I've updated my B2 machine to build 538. The camera activity in
> this build is totally broken. Actually the camera activity is broken for
> quite some time now, for B2 machines (I forgot the Trac number, but IIRC
> it's a WONTFIX bug due to hardware bug in GX). When the camera activity
> is active, the colors are swapped and the cursor is garbled. Until
> recently, the camera activity was only partially-broken. The user could
> have watched the photos taken by the camera, and once the activity was
> closed (actually the camera direct window) the colors were again ok. In
> the new builds, the colors remain swapped even after quitting the camera
> activity, which makes any further demonstration useless.
> My question is simple -- what is the best build I should use?
>
> BTW, those of you who happen to be in Israel, are welcome to
> visit the conference.
>     http://august.penguin.org.il/AUG2007/english.html
>
>   - Zvi

Jim Gettys