406.15 - ext3 images?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 01:21:41 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 02:31:38PM +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > I can only find jffs2 images of all the 406.xx builds. So far, I've
> > been careful to avoid touching the NAND.
>
> I'm curious, why are you avoiding touching the NAND?  I find it much
> easier to just install to the NAND as jg intended.  ;-)

I tend to keep a few usb sticks around with different images. And
dd'ing a new image to a USB stick and booting is much much easier than
the contortions listed in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image

And I can put the USB stick on my work laptop, copy files to it, plug
it back in and boot the olpc. The NAND feels a lot more limited for me
-- I am not doing field trials.

cheers,

martin