Usable builds in the 5xx series on B2s?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 23:19:51 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Noah Kantrowitz <kantrn at rpi.edu> wrote:
> I've got 539/Q2C18 on a B2 staring at me right now. It helps to throw
> a swapfile at it (mine is on a USB stick).

Thanks! I was already using Q2C18 and tested the 539 ext3 image - but
it's failing for me -- same error as 540. It says:

 Write protecting the kernel read-only: 570k
 mount: Mounting /dev/sda1 on /sysroot failed: no such device or address

And then a python traceback and what looks like the USB stick being
re-rediscovered - scsi and sda modules probe the USB stick and neds up
saying

 [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk

I press enter and I seem tp be in a python debugger. Control-D to exit
takes me to

I just dd'd the image to the usb stick. Is that the correct procedure?

cheers,

martin