Startup problems

David Leeming PFnet leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Fri Apr 27 01:03:49 EDT 2007

Hi Javier

>> The Mesh Portal is needed if you want to connect the mesh to the
Internet, but not if you want to create an isolated mesh.  You can bring up
the mesh manually following the steps described here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Mesh_Network_Details#Usage

Usage
These are the steps to start the mesh manually.
1. Bring up a console (click Terminal on the Developer Console)
2. Type:
iwconfig msh0 mode ad-hoc channel <channel> essid <any name>
ifconfig msh0 <IP address>

I am in the Developer console.....

iwconfig: command not found
ifconfig: command not found

These are build 385 if that is relevant....I can see a mesh network
"olpc-mesh" visible on my Windows laptop using "view wireless networks". But
when we tried 3 Xos together they did not see each other...(although they
can all see access points nearby...

David