WM suport for grab key scrolling

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 11:32:40 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 10:22 -0400, Eben Eliason wrote:

> Absolutely.  Ideal behaviors:
>
> 1) The scrolling region directly visible beneath the mouse gets grab focus.
> 2) If two scrolling regions overlap, the top one should take the grab focus.
> 3) If a scrolling region is embedded in another (such as an iframe in
> a web page), then the innermost region should get grab focus, unless
> it reaches its min or max scroll and can no longer move, at which
> point the next region in the hierarchy gets it.

Hmm I'm not convinced about this. Usually keyboard actions apply either
globally (to the system or to the active window) or to the focused
element. I feel pretty strange, interaction wise, to have a keyboard
button depend on the position of the mouse.

Also doesn't this introduce accessibility issues?

> As a sidenote, Marco, I noticed that the frame key does not match this
> behavior in 385.  Was it changed?  I seem to recall it used to work...

Bug, someone needs to find the time to fix this up...

Marco