pre-B3 Bringup

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Apr 19 17:45:25 EDT 2007

On 19/04/07 09:17 -0400, John Watlington wrote:
>         2b) X does not start.  The log says:  Chipset not GEODELX!!!

We need to use the latest and greatest RPM which Ajax tells me should
be available now.  We do have some changes that are needed in the xorg.conf
to work around problems.  Here's what the device section of the
xorg.conf should look like:

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "AMD"
	Driver      "amd"
	Option "PanelGeometry" "800x600"
	Option "NoCompression" "true"
	Option "FBSize" "8388608"
EndSection

I'm going to change the driver so that compression defaults to off until
I can figure out why its broken.  I do have it working with the panel
on a salsa, so you should be plug and play with the right driver.

Jordan