pre-B3 Bringup

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Apr 18 09:11:28 EDT 2007

Greetings from Taipei !
   We started bringing up the B3 motherboard today, and while we ran
into
a couple of tough ones, overall it is going very well.

What works:
  - OFW boots and provides a serial console
  - Analog video out is working
  - USB is working (we can read USB sticks and keyboards)
  - We are talking to the WLAN module, and can scan the network.
  - Memory tests are being run overnight, but the first couple of
passes didn't
    generate errors.

What is giving us problems:
  - Accessing the NAND or SD card.   While we can talk to the CAFE
ASIC fine
   over PCI, it is somewhat unhappy about its internal clock.
Surprisingly, access
   to the camera is almost fully operational.
  - The DOTCLK provided to the DCON is running at half-speed.  Mitch
hasn't
   found the magic incantation to fix this yet...

A sampling of what hasn't been tried yet:
  - Battery charging
  - Talking to the OLPC touchpad and keyboard
  - Audio

Cheers,
wad, Richard, and Mitch