Xrender cursor performance / double buffering?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Apr 17 14:02:59 EDT 2007

Will,

   > Is there someway to drive the cursor around without having someone
   > physically using the touchpad?

Yes, you should be able to use the XTest X extension to inject keyboard
or mouse events, with:

XTestFakeKeyEvent(dpy, keycode, is_press, delay)
XTestFakeMotionEvent(dpy, screen, x, y, delay)
XTestFakeButtonEvent(dpy, button, is_press, delay)

   > In the past I asked about dogtail running on the olpc.  However, it
   > appears that doesn't run because the GTK accessibility code isn't
   > available on olpc machine. Are there other testing frameworks that
   > work with olpc gui?

How to handle accessibilty with Hippo widgets is still being discussed
-- we won't get dogtail/at-spi support automatically unless Hippo uses
standard GTK widgets, which probably isn't going to happen.  Maybe we
could write a layer to teach at-spi about Hippo..

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>