Xrender cursor performance / double buffering?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Apr 17 13:07:16 EDT 2007

Jordan,

One can compute the cursor image once to match the depth of the root
window once and store it in devprivates.  Then the server can composite
the image using the fast path image compositing hardware, no matter what
the depth is (it won't matter if computing the cursor to match the
screen takes a bit of time; it's the compositing while the cursor moves
that really hurts).
                              - Jim

--
Jim Gettys