geode-optimized glibc routines

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Apr 16 08:11:06 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 18:30 -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   Anyway, in looking at geode-perf, I notice there are multiple copies
> of memcpy, strlen(), etc... in each directory. I've been digging through
> the docs and the csv result files, but was wondering if there was a
> simple document someplace that just specifies which version of the each
> optimized routine was the best one for an OLPC ? I'll figure this out
> eventually, but would appreciate saving the time. I've got the config
> changes worked out, but everything depends on which files I use. I
> figure I'll get glibc rebuilt and add it to the cross tools before
> making a new snapshot available.

Yes, there is a document in the git tree that summarizes the experiments
John Zulauf did and the likely best choice of implementation.  You just
haven't found it yet.  Some of the results for some of the routines is
very significant. I'd dig up the URL, but I'm sitting in an airport
without net access, and am too cheap to spend $10 for half an hour's
use.
                                - Jim

--
Jim Gettys