Please help this person...

Hilton Garcia Fernandes hgfernan at lsi.usp.br
Wed Apr 11 18:47:15 EDT 2007

Hi!

Could you please be as kind as to elaborate on the reasons why the
peer-to-peer, serverless mode was abandoned in the current build ?

A serverless configuration was an ad-hoc dream come true. :)

Thanks,
hilton

Em Quarta 11 Abril 2007 18:51, Dan Williams escreveu:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 18:09 -0300, Leandro Biazon wrote:
> > We're having the same mesh problem with ours machines, which were
> > update with the last autoreinstallation image (build 385 and firmware
> > q2b87)
> >
> > We were using build 368 with firmware q2b85, and the mesh was
> > working.
> >
> > Now, the mesh icon flashes for a long time, and when it stops
> > flashing, there's no IP address assigned to the machine.
> >
> > It works, however, if the interface is configured manually (iwconfig,
> > ifconfig).
> >
> > Should the UI be working? Is anyone having the same problem?
>
> The mesh networking currently relies on DHCP and a mesh portal.  There
> is no serverless peer-to-peer networking in this build.  If you want to
> see laptops, you can still use normal 802.11 mode with an access point,
> just hit F1 to jump to Mesh View and click on your access point to
> connect.
>
> Dan
>
> > Leandro
> >
> > On 4/11/07, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         I got this request for help but I'm really busy preping for my
> >         trip to
> >         QSMC and really I'm not the best guy to help with this anyway.
> >         Somebody please help them get setup.
> >
> >         Thanks.
> >
> >         ===============================
> >         *"Sam Taufao" <SamT at spc.int>*
> >
> >         04/10/2007 09:52 PM

> >                 <technology at laptop.org>
> >         cc
> >
> >         Subject
> >                 Urgent Request for Assistance for presentation to
> >         potential funding source
> >

> >         I am writing on behalf of the OLPC project for Pacific island
> >         countries.
> >         We just upgraded the OS build for B2 models with us and we
> >         couldn't see
> >         one laptop from the other.
> >
> >         Please email me with any help you can on:
> >
> >         1) Getting mesh network working so that two laptops next to
> >         each other
> >         can see each other and share something
> >
> >         2) Can we change volume
> >
> >         Merci
> >
> >         Sam
> >
> >         samt at spc.int
> >

> >         --
> >         Richard A. Smith
> >         smithbone at gmail.com

Hilton Garcia Fernandes
Nucleo de Tecnologias sem Fio (NTSF) -- Wireless Technologies Team
Lab de Sistemas Integraveis Tecnologico (LSI) -- Integrable Systems Lab
Escola Politecnica (Poli) -- Engineering School
Univ S Paulo (USP)
Tel: (5511)3091-5676 (work)
    (5511)8131-5213 (mobile)
Av. Prof. Luciano Gualberto,158 trav.3 CEP 05508-900
S. Paulo -- SP -- Brazil
Pagina inicial: http://www.lsi.usp.br/~hgfernan