Enabling OProfile in the OLPC kernels?

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Sun Apr 8 14:20:54 EDT 2007

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Sorry for the longish lag, I left the thread flagged in my MUA and then forgot
> about it (-:
>

> Jim Gettys wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 09:54 -0400, William Cohen wrote:
>>> It would be good to make the olpc debuginfo rpms available like the fedora core
>>> packages.
>> Please enter this into the trac system so we can make sure this happens
>> at some point.
>
> Looks like the source RPMs are available here:
>
>  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/projects/olpc/development/i386/debug/
>
> Adding a link somewhere on wiki.laptop.org would be nice... I could do
> it, but I'm not sure where such a link would be appropriate.  The sw
> development info is slightly outdated imho.

I wanted to add a link to http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Oprofile_setup.
I took a look at the directory. The debuginfo for the kernel look a bit stale in
that directory. The kernels are built through some other mechanism?

It would still be a good idea to have a pointer to the debuginfo page, so people
can analyze other executables installed on the machine.

-Will