[OLPC Brasil] Why call tools "activities"?

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 00:18:24 EDT 2007

On 4/5/07, Justin Gallardo <gallardj at onid.orst.edu> wrote:
> Hey Folks,
> I really hate to jump on this bandwagon, but I suppose I am. Have you
> guys read the HIG[1]? They give a great explanation of what the
> activity metaphor is suppose to represent. Based on this, I feel that
> 'application' or 'program' doesn't portray the image that OLPC wants
> to with activities.

I just re-read the HIG, and I still don't see how "app" is any different
than "activity" in this respect. Perhaps you could explain it. All I
see is a confusing and needlessly non-standard word.

BTW, my 7-year-old doesn't treat activity names as verbs, even
if they are. (not all are) It's "I want to use X" from him.