suspend/resume timings

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Apr 3 11:36:56 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 12:36 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

> > What about this patch instead. It avoids the psmouse reconnect method
> > from being called (thus the ps2 command in olpc_get_model()), which
> > saves us a few more milliseconds.
>
> If you want my honest opinion, I think it's a big hack. If the keyboard
> and mouse are always connected to a live power rail, what makes
> reconnect so special? We should just fix the suspend/resume hooks for
> mouse and keyboard to do only the minimal bits, if anything at all.

According to ALPS, our keyboard/touchpad never needs to be reset on
power up.

If you don't mind the slightly stilted English, here's the exact words.

 Reset command (0FFh) need not be sent to the keyboard.
 When PowerUP is done, the same operation as the reset command is done.

 When the restart and the movement of the keyboard are abnormalities,
 the reset command is used.

                                   - Jim

--
Jim Gettys