SDL status (was Re: Rewriting for Linux?)

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:35:12 EDT 2007

On 02/04/07, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably SDL on a regular desktop is the easiest way to start.
> Hopefully the XO oddities will be documented or eliminated by
> the time he has his app working on Linux.

That doesn't jibe with my understanding of the current state of SDL on
OLPC.  My understanding is that SDL isn't working and there isn't any
work being done to correct this, which is a shame as there is a lot of
value to be had by porting Pygame to OLPC once SDL is functional.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"the skill of programming is to create a context in which other people
can share."
--Adrian Holovaty