Internet access in the 368

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Apr 2 21:21:54 EDT 2007

Everyone:

These reports are essentially impossible to replicate if we don't know
what access point, exactly, you are trying to associate with.

When I say exactly, I mean that.

For example, look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G

There are 10 versions of just the Wrt54.  Some run Linux; some run
completely different code.

These look the same, but inside, are radically different access points
at times.

Just saying "it doesn't work", when we don't know what it doesn't work
*with*, is almost impossible to debug.

Dan will probably also need logs from network manager as well.

And please get these reports into trac.

                                   Thanks for your help,
                                          - JIm

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 18:35 -0400, Eduardo Silva wrote:
> Same problem here, my case: NM is not requiring me the WEP key.
>
> best.
>
> Eduardo
>
> On 4/2/07, Americo Damasceno <adamascj at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Until now my XO made contacts with my wifi  router automaticaly.
> >
> > I have updated to the new stable 368 version and now there are a triangle
> > over the main circle. When I click it, nothing happens.
> >
> > If I go to the "Neighborhood", I see the triagle again and it has the name
> > of my wifi router. So, I imagine, that the contact is OK.
> >
> > But if I try  to open the web browser I can't access any site.
> >
> > What is the "secret trick"? I believe that the "old way" was easier.
> >
> > Can anybody help me? Thanks.
> >
> > Americo Damasceno
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child