the Power Management Daemon

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Apr 2 18:56:08 EDT 2007

Hi Richard -

Power management is proceeding along nicely, and we're finally to the
point where we can start to discuss the design and implementation of the
OLPC Power Management Daemon.

We have started to list some possible real-world power management scenarios
here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Power_Management_Scenarios

We should start to discuss how to go about implementing these in the power
manager - we have a bunch of eager B2 owners out there ready to start saving
power!  :)

Everybody, please feel free to comment on the page I linked above - we've
only defined those scenarios that are currently within our reach, but there
are others that we eventually want to support.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer