shrinking memory consumptions

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Apr 2 14:53:47 EDT 2007

The most we can hope for is that this happens *most* of the time.  When
the kernel needs memory in extremis, it will have to do what it has to
do.  The problem is a process can cause memory allocation so fast that
nothing else gets a chance to get in edgewise.

As I've said, the Nokia folks have been working in this area.  I hope to
talk to them at FISL (many of them are Brazilian).
                               - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child