shrinking memory consumptions

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Apr 2 11:31:19 EDT 2007

Seeing that GPE with serious applications runs on 64 meg (or less)
iPAQ's (a minimal environment runs fine in 16 meg) using most of the
same software stack we do (X/GTK/cairo etc.), we know we can go way
lower in our memory consumption than we are now.

We will always use more memory than a handheld like an iPAQ: the high
resolution screen does come at a cost.
                               - Jim

--
Jim Gettys