Rewriting for Linux?

MARTIN WOODHOUSE hokusai at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 2 00:45:54 EDT 2007

  Hello All

  I have a fairly sizeable application, written in (Borland) C for MSDos, which I think
  might be useful if ported across to the XO.

  I have no Linux experience whatever, though I'm competent in C -- or at least I was
  20 years ago when I wrote the application.

  It's entirely self-contained and self-running, but I can already see that I cannot hope
  simply to recompile its code into Linux ! ( For one thing, all its display functions
  are writtten for 640 x 480 VGA.).

  I am currently reading background material in order to teach myself Linux, but what
  I would like to know is what software you guys & gals are using to write and
  compile your code?   Red Hat or what?

  If you can advise me, I wouldn't have to try and make a guess at what coding
  system to get hold  of.

  With best wishes,

  Martin

  Dr. M. C. Woodhouse MB, BCh.