suspend/resume timings

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sun Apr 1 19:04:10 EDT 2007

On 01/04/07 15:19 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:

> The keyboard is left powered up during suspend: we shouldn't need to
> reset it at all (except on power up).  This is so you can touch a key or
> the keypad and get the CPU back instanty.

Just so we don't deceive anybody - the keyboard and mouse will be left on a
rail that is powered on during STR so they can act as a wake source (through
the EC).  They are subject to the same wakeup latency as all of our
wake sources.  Jim's e-mail made it seem like we have a special way to
resume quickly from a keyboard or mouse press.

Jordan