System Software Meeting Minutes, 2006-09-25

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 13:43:20 EDT 2006

Actually, GX has many performance counters, in some cases, more detailed
than pentium or A64 counters. The main problems are that no one has added
the mappings and support for them to oprofile. Note that the GX counters are
unable to cause interrupts like those in A64 or Pentium, so you would have
to run oprofile in RTC or timer mode (which isn't so horrible).