limiting factor and bottle neck is not the same thing

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Wed Sep 27 16:32:53 EDT 2006

Dear OLPC devel,

Thailand used to have a bad person named Tuksin to be a PM.
He is not bottle neck but the 1st limiting factor that destroy Thailand
much. Now we get rid off him and the new limiting factor happen.

In evolution, bottle neck play a good role in making living things to
evolve. Only living things that have high fitness can pass thru the bottle
neck. Unlike CPU case that all things must pass thru it.

In animal breeding, we set bottle neck to get rid off unwanted genes to
pass thru the next generation.

In above cases, bottle neck play a good roles indeed.

Good processor namely pentium III 1.0 Ghz is not bottle neck but become
the 1st limiting factor on book pc because it cause serious problem to
all components of book pc I used.

After down grade pentium III 1.0 Ghz to cerelon 500 then my book pc run at
much greater performance.

That is genuine experiance I got several year ago and can repeat that
experiment any time.

Some time, bottle neck is not the problem BUT the 1st limiting factor
alway the most important problem to deal with.

Regards,
supat
ps. conclusion: not true that good processors always perform better on
some mainboard.