lzma with TCP/IP and libertas driver... and still some room

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Sep 24 13:46:38 EDT 2006

Jim Gettys wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 19:10 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> Ivan Krstić wrote:
>>> Yeah, IPv4 will be of no use to us in the BIOS; we want 6. Then we need
>> I found no way to turn off IPv4 in the kernel config, IPv6 only becomes
>> selectable if IPv4 is selected. We may want to look for patches removing
>> that limitation.
>
> I don't think people in general make IPv6 implementations; TCP is TCP,
> even if IP and the header fields are different.  I don't think that
> you'll find that...

Yes, but IPv4 routing code could be ripped out. That may save a few kb.
There has to be a reason why the IPv6 code takes an additional ~60k
(compressed). And for the code we add for IPv6 we should theoretically
be able to remove the corresponding IPv4 code.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/