New livecd variant

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 16:15:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

Starting with build 86,

 http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/build86/

there's a new 'livecd' variant. It uses the standard Fedora kernel
instead of the OLPC kernel and pulls in all the X11 drivers. As such,
the livecd variant runs on all the hardware that normal Fedora runs on
(that is, a lot!). Also, no xorg.conf file is included, we'll let the
X.org server it self figure out the configuration - ajax tells me this
should work pretty well by now and he'd be happy to look at bugs when it
doesn't. Apart from these change it's basically the normal OLPC build.

I created this variant so it's easy to demo the UI bits on standard PC
hardware without having to run qemu. The ISO image weighs around 145MB.

Enjoy,
David