Touchpad testing.

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at aehallh.com
Wed Sep 20 23:15:06 EDT 2006

As an additional data point.

The kernel i8042 driver is interrupt driven, and with some debug
settings I have been able to confirm that we are getting interrupts, and
only when there is data to read.  _However_, we are getting one
interrupt per byte to read, and only once every 0.05 seconds, no faster.

So it might be useful to see what could be limiting the interrupt rate
here.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:59:04PM -0400, Tom Sylla wrote:
> look at SERIRQ. It will probably be in continuous mode, where it
> shouldn't be or the polarity settings will be wrong. None of the EC init
> is being done, there is no "super I/O" configured into LB. The 5536
> config is a best guess back when the EC spec was not available, so that
> is probably wrong too. If you look at the PS/2 and SERIRQ at the same
> time, the answer will just fall out.
>
> Mitch Bradley wrote:
> >These pictures show what happens on the OLPC board when you
> >
> >a) Don't drain the queue (QueueHoldoff.png)
> >b) Drain the queue every so often (RateControl.png)
> >
> >Conclusion: the EC is able to handle normal-rate mouse reports when the
> >software services it at the correct rate.

	  1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp at aehallh.com>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801