Questions about Fedora

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 07:28:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 23:56 -0400, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:
> > We'll continue to prune files and reduce interdependencies of these
> > packages to hopefully get the base OS image down to the 150MB - 200MB
>
> The target number that we've been talking about the entire time is
> ~100MB. Did this change at some point?

It depends if you're talking about compressed/uncompressed.  The
_uncompressed_ target # has never been 100MB since that's completely
infeasible for Gen1.  If we toss in jffs2 compression then we may get
down to 100MB, but only if the compression ratios for the packageset we
are shipping are good.  That's one unknown.

At this point, lets try to be a bit conservative here and tighten this
up as we have a much better idea of what bits will actually get shipped
and how well they will compress.

Dan