System Software meeting minutes, 2006-09-19

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Sep 20 07:07:51 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 00:14 -0400, Ivan Krstić wrote:

> Jim and I talked about this, and he seemed to have been happy, but this
> apparently changed?

I became happy with the milestones themselves, but not the nomenclature
for them, which I still expressed unhappiness.  I think it is asking for
trouble to not have the hardware and software release nomenclature the
same; people will often forget the correspondence between them. While I
would not have picked the nomenclature Quanta did, it is their
longstanding naming convention, or so I gather.
                                    -Jim