is ubuntu + sugar running w/in a parallels virtual machine a valid test environment for olpc QA?

john manoogian III jm3 at jm3.net
Wed Sep 20 01:52:04 EDT 2006

Hello, i have a newbie question.

I've been lurking on the mailing list, and would like to get involved
in the olpc project with some bug reports or something basic so I can
start to understand the project better.

I don't own an intel box but my mac has Parallels (www.parallels.com),
a virtual machine that runs Ubuntu, Fedora core, etc. If I install
Sugar and any other olpc dependencies on a Ubuntu linux VM, would that
result in a valid environment to test and report bugs on? Since it's a
VM, i can arbitrarily limit the available ram to simulate an OLPC
configuration.

thanks in advance,

john
http://jm3.net