lzma

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Sep 18 13:34:05 EDT 2006

On 18/09/06 18:36 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> > Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> >> This adds the lzma infrastructure to buildrom without actually
> >> flipping the switch. Unless LZMA_PACKAGE is set, the changes
> >> should be a NOP. The controversial config changes have been
> >> omitted from this patch.
> >
> > Unless my patchs were not applied, all that is already in there.
>
> Seems they were not applied. That's why I decided to resend them.

I have everything sitting in my tree, awaiting a decision / fix regarding
the LZMA code in LB not working for compilers older then 4.0.  Also, the
outstanding issue that Richard was chasing still scares me somewhat.  Once
we know the final score on those two items, I will push up.  I do have a
working ROM build with 4.0.3, so I'm coinvinced that the code works.

Carl-Daniel - don't worry.  We have your code, and we universally agree that
it is a good thing.  Right this minute there isn't a super urgent size
emergency in the ROM, so I want to make sure we get this code right before
pushing it into place, but I promise you, we *will* push it.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer