editing scripts in linuxbios

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 15:54:59 EDT 2006

> > You must be *very* careful what tool chain you use for building the BIOS
> > image.  Right now there are gcc/ld combinations that will produce
>
> Did we find out yet whether this was caused by the tool chain being
> broken or the LB build system being broken? And is it fixed yet?

Currently still a problem.  Last move was marcelo building virgin
copies of the the tool chains and testing.  Results are still unknown
to me.

A report showed up today on the LB list of FILO (alternate payload)
failing due to a switch from gcc 3.4 to gcc 4.1.  But its still TBD if
this is a FILO problem or LB problem.

I sent mail to marcelo asking for a list of the toolchain versions he
has tried and thier pass/fail status.

Debian etch pushed out a gcc 4.1 recently (binutils is still 2.17) so
I went ahead  and upgraded my build environment. I'll test the
worksforme status later on tonight.

Ron is also trying to duplicate the problem.

--
Richard A. Smith