editing scripts in linuxbios

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 14 07:54:25 EDT 2006

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> I am so evidently thrilled with linuxBIOS that I want to
> edit/customise /bin/boot-usb but (a) nothing inside the linuxbios
> looks like an editor, and (b) don't know how to mount it from the
> fedora userland once I'm there.

There's no way to do this without re-rolling your own buildrom. Grab the
buildrom git tree[0], perform the changes, build the new rom, test it
*with a PLCC*, and on success, submit a patch here.

Assuming your changes are trivial, constrained to the shell script, and
obviously correct, you can fast-forward to just submitting a patch.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D