OLPC progress report from Thailand

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Sep 13 10:06:26 EDT 2006

On 13/09/06 19:44 +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:

> Today I test OLPC under slackware 10.2 several times and result are
> reproducible/repeatable with 100% correlation of working.
>
> Now, we can use OLPC to run .swf that eat 338 MB RAM by using
> decentralization techniques I used since 1995 at acceptible performance
> that students can use.
>
> The condition to make it to work are:
>
> 1. slackware 10.2 environment
> 2. amd VGA frame-buffer support under Xorg 7.1.99.2

Please don't use the term VGA - if you are using LinuxBIOS it doesn't exist.
Period.  When you say "amd frame-buffer support" - does that mean you are
using the "fbdev" or "amd" driver?  Thats a very important distinction -
the former won't do 2D acceleration, the latter will.  Please be very careful
to use the correct terms when reporting your results.

> Module                  Size  Used by
> gx1fb                  10240  0

I'm not even sure how you managed to get this framebuffer driver to load.
It is the incorrect framebuffer driver.  You should be using gxfb.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer