an exact command to get latest Xorg for OLPC devel

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Tue Sep 12 23:47:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I found that it has errors in methods said in OLPC page.

The exact command that I just test to work is below:

git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-amd.git

The error in script are shown below:

#! /bin/sh
#
# Copyright (c) 2006 Matthieu Herrb
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
# purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
# copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
#

         xf86-input-summa xf86-input-tek4957 xf86-input-ur98\
         xf86-input-vmmouse xf86-input-void xf86-video-apm\
         xf86-video-ark xf86-video-ast xf86-video-ati\
         xf86-video-chips xf86-video-cirrus xf86-video-cyrix\
         xf86-video-dummy xf86-video-fbdev xf86-video-glide\
         xf86-video-glint xf86-video-i128 xf86-video-i740\
         xf86-video-impact xf86-video-imstt xf86-video-intel\

It was error and will never pull xf86-video-amd because NO xf86-video-amd
in command above.

This errors cause argument between me and Jim because he think I did not
pull git from git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/ But I did.

I hope this information benefit to OLPC to develop the latest amd driver
under Xorg correctly as Jim wish.

Regards,

supat