[OLPC-devel] Upgrading to LinuxBIOS. (problem on a subset of ATest boards).

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Mon Sep 11 08:55:35 EDT 2006

Please let me share experiance on animal scice and agricultural limiting
factor theory.

In animal, the first limiting factor is lysine and the second limiting
factor is methionine.

In agriculture, the first limiting factor is water and the second limiting
factor is soil.

After the first limiting factor reach it limit then the second limiting
factor become important to determine animal/plant performance.

The same theory applied to human and computer performance.

At this moment OLPC and pentium 4 pc in my faculty run much slower than my
old pentium 1 90 mhz not because it has slow processor but because of
other limiting factors to inhibit it to run at full speed of processor.

This is serious problem I mention earlier. I am upset while old pc can run
.swf w/o problem from decentralized technique but OLPC do has problem and
I think it was VGA/usb8388 problem

Because those two component perform very slow and cause problem in my
experiment.

I suspect VGA because in my experiance pc that pull VGA memory from SRAM
on-board cause a lot of problem because RAM that use with VGA alway have
to run at faster speed than SRAM.

I suspect usb8388 because it cause problem under OLPC with slackware
lib/bin.

Good hardware should cause no problem to any s/w used.

regards,
supat