[OLPC-devel] Subject header abuse

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Sep 9 06:54:33 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 06:31 -0400, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Can we fix the list configuration to not add _anything_
>
> A lot of people filter messages on subject. We can be elitist about this
> being wrong, broken, etc, but people do it, and I have no desire to
> fight that battle. I could shorten the olpc-devel to olpc-d, though.

If you fix it, they'll soon stop. They only do it because they're lazy
and perhaps because they don't realise (or care) that it's unreliable.

Being "elitist about this being wrong, broken, etc." is now quite how I
would phrase it -- I'd use words along the lines of "pandering to the
lazy while obscuring useful information for the rest of us".

> > and make trac add only something like "[TRAC #53]" please?
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/80 -- in my queue.

OK, thanks.

--
dwmw2