Config Linux BIOS: Is it possible (Re: [OLPC-devel] DOS in Windows Flash Disaster Recovery Utility?

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Wed Sep 6 21:56:57 EDT 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
>
>> At this moment I bring back old BIOS already and every thing go back.
>> (Marvell wireless can work under slackware)
>
> this is not as simple as it sounds. Insyde uses a full AMD-supplied VSA. The
> VSA does a lot of tricky magic. My guess is that the combo of slackware+VSA
> is the issue, not Insyde per se. We still need to see what is going on.
>
> I still don't know what kernel you are using.

I assure you I did use recent kernel that you or someone in OLPC give me
via buildrom/work/kernel directory.

I am also use your exactly config-2.6.17-1.2608.olpc1 in my compilation.
What different is slackware lib and bin and 486 support.

The problem will not exist in /lib/firmware or kernel but some unknown
magic that old BIOS did to make slackware to know usb8xxx.

That why it was worked on old BIOS and not work in new Linux BIOS.

Regards,
supat