[OLPC-devel] offtopic - distributions history (was: #59: Marvell wireless won't run from LinuxBIOS)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Sep 5 10:49:33 EDT 2006

supat wrote:
> NO! slackware did exist in 1991 !!!

I bet Patrick Volkerding would be very surprised to learn that -
http://www.slackware.com/announce/1.0.php

Perhaps you are thinking of some earlier distribution, such as SLS (from
which Slackware was derived)? But even the first two (MCC and TAMU) were
only released in February of 1992.

This is very off topic for this list, of course, but I think it does
illustrate that you might want to pay more careful attention to the
replies you are receiving in the various threads and think about them,
perhaps even research a little, instead of just reacting as quickly as
possible.

-- Jecel