[OLPC-devel] Re: [One Laptop Per Child] #59: Marvell wireless won't run from LinuxBIOS

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Wed Sep 6 00:28:15 EDT 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Ivan KrstiÄ~G wrote:

> supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
>> The only unsolve problem is to make OLPC to run huge .swf say 338 MB RAM.
>
> Can you explain what on earth you're talking about? Why would anyone
> want to run a 338 MB Flash file, least of all OLPC, which not only
> probably won't ship Flash, but where such a file would take up the
> entire contents of the RAM *and* 60% of the non-OS flash space, assuming
> nothing else was running?
>
> --
> Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D

Dear Ivan KrstiÄ~G,

To teach young students effectively I produce movie using .swf format on
my web at http://supat.eu.org/ for several years already.

Earlier movie that I moved out took 338 MB RAM
(the .swf file took few MB only) BUt to play it will eat 338 MB.

My current .swf movie eat 2xx MB RAM.

Ofcause OLPC never ship with 338 MB flash movie and I never ask OLPC to do
so. BUT when students need to learn some thing effectively they must
access the web that always contain huge .swf

The most 2 famous web in Thailand namely http://pantip.com/ and
http://manager.co.th/ always contain 20 MB RAM to eat .swf

Ofcause at this moment OLPC can play them w/o problem.

BUT who can guarantee that the size will not increase to 338 MB RAM eat as
I already made it earlier to teach my students and they complain no pc in
my department except my server (2MB RAM) can play it w/o problem.

supat