[OLPC-devel] Re: [One Laptop Per Child] #59: Marvell wireless won't run from LinuxBIOS

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Mon Sep 4 23:28:44 EDT 2006

Dear James Cameron,

I did used version told by Jim on September 1:

vmlinuz-2.6.17-1.2608.olpc1

Also, I verified myself using 2.6.18-rc2

Both can boot via fedora with Marvell wireless support.

But if boot using slackware then Marvell wireless will not go up.
It will complain firmware did not exist.

It was too fast to conclude that this bug was fixed after you test it only
on fedora. I insist that it has problem under slackware.

Before this problem exist I see that under both fedora and slackware with
old BIOS do has problem on detecting Marvell wireless.

But after modprobe and rmmod it can solve the problem.

Now how many modprobe and rmmod cannot detect Marvell wireless under
slackware but work fine only under fedora only.

Ofcause I use the same kernel and modules on both system.

All modules and kernel under fedora got no problem but none of them can
made Marvell wireless to work any more under slackware.

supat