[OLPC-devel] Escape keys and keyboards.....

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Fri Sep 1 20:01:03 EDT 2006

Traditionally, escape has been used by many keyboard based applications
(e.g. vi, emacs), but its use is much more rare in recent applications.

We are giving thought to whether we really need an escape key: we have
need for a number of keys not typically found on current keyboards.

Here's the question: can anyone identify any application which breaks if
escape is generated by ^] rather than pressing the key labeled "esc" on
their keyboard?

Opinions?
                                - Jim

--