System Software Meeting Minutes, 2006-10-25

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Oct 25 14:32:17 EDT 2006

Temporary.

We need *something* to demo *both* the camera and video.  For what it's
worth, mplayer happens to just be what Jon Corbet used for testing the
camera.  So we know it works.  We don't know if other players do or
don't work.

Now if someone can get us a gstreamer version of totem built without
Gnome support (e.g. just GTK+) to try, so it doesn't pull in every
dependency in the world, I wouldn't complain.

Eventually, we need a sugar version, of course.
                                   - Jim

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 11:04 -0400, Owen Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 13:39 +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
>
> > AI: Blizzard to find out dependencies on mplayer, use it to demo camera
> >     * if too many dependencies, build ourself and put in our own repo
>

> I heard this mentioned on the call last night. Is mplayer going to be
> the standard video player or is this just a temporary solution?  I
> thought olpc was going to be using GStreamer.
>
> owen

Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child