Sensor input

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Oct 15 09:31:37 EDT 2006

Apologies for this being a bit off topic here - but AFAIK there is no
open mailing list for design discussion, right?

Anyway, while thinking about sensor input I was wondering how I could
connect a simple sensor to the laptop. I would need a 3.5 mm mic jack
plus wires. Now wires are much easier to find than the right jack.
What would be really cool is if there was a spare 3.5 mm jack
included, like in the battery compartment - I'm sure there is a
little bit of space somewhere.

Yes I'm ignoring all cost issues etc., feel free to educate me - but
it would encourage tinkering, IMHO :)

Cheers!

- Bert -