Mic input

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Wed Oct 11 15:01:21 EDT 2006

  Bert,

> >   Just a data point, I can record sound (by using Squeak's
> > RecordingControlMorph) and play back.  I unmute everything with
> > alsamixer and maximize volume.  (so I don't know which one made it
> > possible...)
>
> Could you do an "alsactl store" and send me your /etc/asound.state?

  Hmm.  I tried it yesterday with a board that I left at the "new"
office.  I'm trying to the same thing here at the "old" office with a
different board, but only playing works but not recording.  I use
different disk images, too.

  The volume meter of the RecordingControl did move, but there can be
a reasonable doubt that I was dreaming, until I go to the new office
and try it there with the board...

-- Yoshiki