Mic input

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Oct 11 09:13:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

I connected a headset (analog mic and phones) to an A-test board.
Sound output works fine after "alsaunmute". I have difficulties with
input, though.

I unmuted "Mic" in alsamixer, and tried arecord. Nothing is recorded.
"V_REFOUT" does make a difference, it connects in and out so I hear
what I'm saying directly (even more so if I enable "Mic boost").
However, in arecord I still get silence.

So - what do I need to do for mic recording? Does this have to do
with the analog input, do I have to switch that off?

- Bert -